Alison Mooney, Immigration Paralegal
As part of Martensen Wright PC’s immigration team, Alison assists with obtaining a wide range of visas, from temporary non-immigrant visas such as the E-2, H-1B or L-1A to permanent resident/immigrant visas such as the I-140 multinational manager visa and green card. She also handles our clients’ other immigration matters depending on personal or company needs. Alison’s immigration expertise was developed while facilitating immigration and global mobility for Fortune 500 companies. She specializes in E-2, H-1B, L-1 O-1 and TN non-immigrant visas as well as EB-1 and EB-2 I-140 immigrant/permanent residency visas.
Alison holds a Master of Science degree in International Relations from the University of Surrey in the United Kingdom, where she focused on international policy and interventions, conflict studies, and human trafficking. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Distributed Studies and Global Affairs from the University of Colorado in Boulder in which she concentrated on how a country’s history, culture and religion shaped that country’s government policies and its geopolitical relationships. Having lived in two foreign countries and traveled extensively in more than 33 countries, Alison has first-hand experience with the difficulty of navigating the ins and outs of immigration systems and living abroad. Her dog is also an immigrant, having come over to the US from a rescue organization in South Korea.
- Nonimmigrant Employment Visas
- Employment-Based Immigrant Visas
- Family-Based Immigration Visas
- Employment based & Family-based Green Cards
- Company Compliance with Immigration Laws
- University of Surrey, Surrey, U.K., MSc in International Relations, 2016
- University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, B.A. Global Affairs, 2007
- TESL/TESOL Certified, Oxford Seminars, 2009
- Human Trafficking Identification, International Organization for Migration, 2015